The top is based off of knitty's tempting. I started mine from the top down though because I really wanted to be able to tell how long the skirt would be. The ribbon ties on the inside, mostly because I can't tie a pretty bow on the outside, but also because I didn't want the bow to show. I'm weird like that sometimes.
The skirt I simply divided up into 10 sections and increased one stitch every other row until it was as long as I wanted. It took a long time and I got so impatient, but I'm glad I did it that way because I really like it.The edge I knitted on and it took longer then the entire skirt!! I got the edge out of Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge (I love that book!).
I added ribbing along the sides for a more fitted/ stretchier look, but it turned out kind of sloppy. The waist shaping worked out but because I added the ribbing it kind of stretched it out and made it completely pointless. You can see in in this picture a little bit.
Some crazy picture my mom took. Please disregard if you think I'm too crazy.All in all, I'm very pleased with it. It's a very heavy piece of work, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm going to try to do another one, this time without the ribbing down the sides and maybe in a finer yarn so it's not so heavy. I might try writing out a pattern for this if anyone expresses any interest.
I can't wait to wear it again!!!