Friday, October 23, 2009

<3

I love knitting. I love reading about it. I love doing it. I love talking about it with my knitting friends! I never would have thought that back in 7th grade when Mrs. Edwards brought in someone to teach us to knit that I would fall so deeply in love with it.

My scarf is coming along nicely. I have a name for it already but I am still undecided about charts or written instructions. I don't really have a program for charts, but I'm certain I could do something equivalent in photoshop. I really enjoy using a chart when I knit, and I know that is what I would prefer, but I also know there are knitters out there that do not prefer charts, even despise them. Hopefully in the next month or so I will be able to get the pattern written down and posted for all to enjoy!

Yesterday I spend more money than I should have. I went to walmart, for lack of a better place to go, and bought a skein of yarn that I've been wisting after to make a pair of fetching for myself. I also bought a ton of fabric because it was on sale and I really really wanted to! I managed to wander down the magazine aisle after that and I bought myself a magazine too! I absolutely love looking through magazines! I love the patterns, even the ones I would never dream of knitting for myself, and I love taking it home and poring over the articles. I even love looking at all the ads! It is my opinion that nothing in the world could be more perfect than the knitting magazine in all its splendor, except perhaps that softly beautiful skein of yarn in the perfect color.

My crazy watermelon scarf is almost done. I've been working off and on for a while now and since the weather is growing colder I have decided I need to finish it. Of course, that means I will have to start a new project that is easy and I can work on while I'm working, but that shouldn't be a problem for me. :)

Life is good, though I have so many ideas and dreams that sometimes I think they might all burst out of me!

No comments: