Friday, August 15, 2008

Annoying yarn

So I'm doing my sahara in Royal Bamboo from Plymouth yarns. It's a really nice yarn, a little splitty but a gorgeous yarn. I only have one problem with it.

In 2 of the 3 skeins I've knitted up so far I've gotten halfway through it and voila, a knot in the middle joining 2 strands.

I hate that. Absolutely hate it.

I know why they do it but if it happens again, I will never buy this yarn again. It annoys me enough that I cut off the knot joining the two strands and knit it as two separate skeins which makes more work for me but the finished piece turns out better.

Who in their right mind doesn't get that knitters and crotcheters don't like knots in the middle of their skein?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced that the bigger companies that design/manufacture yarn don't actually USE it. If they did we would never see another knot...

Abigail said...

That would be a perfect world...