Friday, September 25, 2009

New stitch pattern

Fagoting - noun, an openwork decoration of fabric in which thread is drawn in crisscross stitches across an open seam.

I am in love with a stitch pattern. It is open and beautiful and amazing. I'm having so much fun imaging ways to incorporate it into designs.

It is much more workable in the round. The only issue I have with it is that when you work it flat you have to work a yo followed by a P2tog. I find it a little awkward, but I'm not used to working YO's on the WS of the work.

I'm trying to work a suitable ribbing to openwork ratio. I cant decide to do knit 4 purl 2 ratio since the pattern is 4 stitches but I'm not sure if I like it. I kind of want to do alternating plain ribbing with the pattern so I don't overwhelm a piece. I haven't decided. I'm in the process of swatching and seeing what I enjoy. I'm so excited!

I really want to make socks with it. I think the pattern would look cool with alternating ribbing and the herringbone fagoting. I have to figure it out though. I'm totally stoked. I have so many ideas, but I'm such a procrastinator. I hope I actually work on something this time, and not just talk about it.

No comments: