Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not what I expected.

I thought after you get out of college, things got easier in some respects. You had more free time, you got a better job, you started living life instead of trying desperately to work through school and having no free time.

I'm just not seeing it. I have more free time now that I'm graduated, but it seems to be filled with more mundane things, like laundry and dishes and housework. I was envisioning coming home from work and enjoying hours of yarn and knitting time. It's sad to realize it isn't the fiber paradise I envisioned.

I don't know if its just the economy or if I'm unhire-able, but the better job isn't working out either. I finished my test for the position at western, but I'm not anticipating getting a call. There were about 5 other people taking the test for the same position while I was and I completely sucked on my typing test. No one seems willing to call me or offer me a position except the one that required absolutely no skills at all. What a bummer.

I think I just need to get out of this funk. Any ideas?

No comments: