Thursday, January 17, 2008

A little spend happy

So, I've gone on a spending spree just a little bit on some yarn. I really haven't had money to buy much over summer break or even last semester, so it's nice to have a little disposable income, so when I see yarn on sale or a great deal on it, I usually buy it.

Thus far, I've bought some wool/cashmere blend on ebay for around $15 for 1100 yards and some local wool and alpaca, but today I couldn't resist. I bought some Debbie Bliss Pure Silk yarn because it was on sale and I love silk yarn. A couple of days ago I bought some Knitpicks Wool of the Andes as well because I really want to start on my Samus and I had the money, so I figured what the heck.

I still need to finish Ari's doubleknit scarf which is almost done, but I'm just tired of working on it right now. I'll do a little more tomorrow and hopefully finish it this weekend. It's really soft and comfy and she absolutely cannot wait for it to be done, especially since it snowed this morning.

I started yet another project because my Human Sexuality teacher said I could knit during class! The class meets once a week and I explained that it was nice if I had something to do with my hands, and she told me to sit in the back so I didn't distract everyone else and she didn't care. So I had to start a no brainer, garter stitch stole that I could work on without even looking at it. I used some of the novelty yarn hanging about since Mom and I bought a bunch of it on Christmas Eve anyway.

Classes are underway so it's hard to get back in the swing of things. I have so much to do and all I really want to do is knit!

No comments: