Friday, January 11, 2008

Natural is good

Hurray!
Finally after waiting all break, I got my scholarship check!!!
This means I have money at my disposal (not really a lot, but a little bit). I decided to splurge and buy more yarn, even though I really don't need it. I bought some wool/cashmere off of ebay, then visited the Fiber Station in Glasford and had a great time. Marie was very nice and we talked and had fun. She gave me an abbreviated lesson on spinning which I plan to use in the future and I got yarn!

Before I say any more, I decided last year that I was going to strive to work with more natural yarns. Wool, alpaca, bamboo, and anything else that wasn't acrylic or polyester or rayon.

Well, after visiting the Fiber Station, I am now the proud owner of Alpaca and Wool yarn! The best part is that it's all made locally which is good for our economy! I'm very happy!

No comments: